Baby Olivia Hartling
Parent-Infant Attunement Part I
Attunement is the term used to describe parents’ reactiveness to their babies’ moods and emotions.
Ways we are attuned to our infant and young children:
1. We express it in the way that we hold and touch them.
2. We express this in the way that we feed; bathe, diaper and toilet train them.
3. We express this with the tone of our voice that we use with them.
4. We express this by the way we tolerate their feelings.
5. We express this in letting them feel comfortable with their emotions and with their bodies.
6. We express this by listening well to them tell us how they feel.