Tummy Time is simply the time that babies spend lying and playing on their tummies and off their backs while they are awake.
- Lying prone (tummy down) on a blanket on the floor
- Lying prone on mommy or daddy’s tummy or chest while mommy or daddy are reclining
- Lying prone on a nursing pillow or “Boppy”
- Lying prone on mommy or daddy’s forearm as baby is carried
- Lying prone on an exercise ball
To read more about Why Tummy Time is Important click here.
Join our “First Weeks Group” for children 0 – 6 months old to learn more about Tummy Time and other important subjects that are important to your children’s health and well being. Also, our director Marilee Harting will be presenting a talk about the Importance of Tummy Time at the Pump Station later in March. Stay tuned for more information!