Tummy Time is simply the time that babies spend lying and playing on their tummies and off their backs while they are awake.
- Lying prone (tummy down) on a blanket on the floor
- Lying prone on mommy or daddy’s tummy or chest while mommy or daddy are reclining
- Lying prone on a nursing pillow or “Boppy”
- Lying prone on mommy or daddy’s forearm as baby is carried
- Lying prone on an exercise ball
Written by Marilee Hartling RN, MFT | Infant/Child Development Specialist | Licensed Child and Family Therapist
Contact us to join our groups!
Join our Baby Group for children 0 – 6 months old to learn more about Tummy Time and other important subjects that are important to your children’s health and well being.