Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy has several positive outcomes.
Six positive outcomes from successful EFT include:
- Partners are emotionally engaged.
- Partners experience improved power in the relationship.
- Partners have improved self-awareness and awareness of the other.
- Partners are able to take the focus off of the other’s flaws and begin to understand more about their own fears and longings.
- Partners increase their self-worth which stimulates an appetite for additional connection.
Megan Baker, M.A., Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
Summarized from “The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connection.” Susan M. Johnson (2004).